The De-Identification Pattern is used as a Master Technique to take away any labels a client may have that could limit them.
The DE-IDENTIFICATION PATTERN
Useful for challenging and transcending boundary conditions associated with complex equivalences. Complex equivalences are language construction of identification. With a slight adjustment of language, you can use this easily on yourself therapeutically or as a meditation if you continue to repeat steps 3 through 6.
- Elicit the identification in the form of a Complex Equivalence. Look for:
- the verb “to be”
- Or “Means”
- Pace and feedback the complex equivalence (for instance “I am a mother” you say “Ok, you are a mother..”)
- “Is that all you think you are?” (Look for a physiological shift.)
- “Aren’t you more than that?” (There should be agreement.)
- “What are you that’s not (e.g. a mother)?”
We want a verbal answer here. (You have expanded the identification that encompasses a larger neural network. You need a word to stabilize the shift.)
- “And beyond (the word elicited in #5), is that all you are? How much more are you than that?”
For extra leverage:
“You do know you are more than that, don’t you?”
- “How do you know?”
– Anchors the change to the client’s reality strategy.